Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh what a weekend it was

Conference and Easter all rolled into one! 

Not being home for holidays always makes me homesick, so I was feeling especially homesick with it being Conference AND Easter Sunday on the same weekend and having to work BOTH Saturday and Sunday! but it turned out to be a very busy and fun weekend!

Friday: Left my house at 6:30 for work, worked until 3:00, drove to Sandy and met up with Courtney Cook for a birthday lunch, drove to downtown Salt Lake and met up with Aunt Pam and Uncle Don, and the Meachams at Trolley Square for a quick hello. Then I drove up to Bountiful to meet up with Brittany Cozad and some friends and stayed the night at Brittany's aunt and uncle's house. She was here from Rexburg for Conference weekend; we went to sushi for dinner and then hung out and swam all night.

Saturday: Got ready and watched part of the first session of Conference, then left at 11:00 so I could be at work by 12:00. I got off work at 8:00 and drove back to Sandy to spend the night at the Cook's where Shelby and Derek were also staying the night. We had a fun evening and Courtney and I stayed up late talking and laughing!

Sunday: Got ready and had a delicious breakfast that Shane and Linda made, we watched conference and then I left at 11:30 I left for work again. Despite my irritation that I had to work on Easter Sunday it was more enjoyable because we had an Easter Egg Hunt around the office! It was so fun and made the day go by a little faster considering I only had 15 phone calls during my 8 hour shift! shesh! After work I drove up to Layton to spend the rest of the night with Pam, Don, Nikki, and Jeremy! We played games and visited, it was soo good to see Pam and Don, it has been way too long! 

Monday: So here it is Monday morning and I'm at work again. Left Nikki's at 6:00 to get to work on-time at 7:00, already had a big gulp Mt. Dew and on with the day! I'm ready to get home and unload my atrociously messing cruser! and stop living out of my car! It's been a really fun weekend and getting to see so many people, and so much family has made this Easter much better then expected. My old roommate Mindy is in town for the week so I'm excited to see her tonight and get back into the swing of things. Wonder if I have any food at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment