Sunday, December 6, 2009

New York (minus the pictures...)

Life has been so busy that I haven't had a chance to get my New York trip up here! I do have all my pictures on facebook so check out my facebook for pictures. Here's the short version of our trip...

Thurs: we arrived in New York, the beautiful city! and can I just say contrary to popular belief people in New York are soooo nice! Everywhere we went people were always willing to help with direction, or if we looked lost they would just offer to help, we even had people helping with our suitcases up and down stairs or into the subway. It was amazing! That night we went to Serendipity and had frozen hot chocolate, so delicious! I love how alive the city is! We went around 11 but even being that late you would have thought it was dinner time!

Fri: It was Allie's birthday and unfortunately when we went to have her birthday breakfast it was closed! so we settled for 2nd best. We went to Community Food and Juice, it was delicious! I have a BLET (bacon-lettuce-egg-tomato) so simple yet a brilliant idea! Then Allie and I did a lot of shopping! We were stopped in Saks and had our make-up done at the Lancome' counter, that was so fun! That night we met Mindy in Times Square which was just as fabulous and just as bright and alive and it is in the movies! I loved Times Square! We also went to Junior's Cheesecake and I had a delicious pumpkin pie cheesecake!

Sat: We went to Chinatown which was very interesting! and to the Metropolitan Museum of Art during the day. Then at night we went to a broadway play. Allie and Mindy went to Wicked while I went and saw Lion King! It was such a fun production and was so well done! I loved it and would reccommend it to anyone!

Sun: We attempted to go to church but we had some malfunctions in the morning that prevented that from happeneing :( However we still had a great day. We went to ground zero and walked through a memorial showing the plans for the site and it also had videos and pictures it was really touching. Unfortunatly Mindy had to leave to get back to school. Allie and I then took a ferry ride to Statten Island (by accident haha) but it was fun because we got to see the Statue of Liberty and hang out at Central Park and do some people watching! New York is so fun! We also went to this incredible chocolate resturant Max Brenner's! Amazing fondue! That night we had some extra time so we jumped on the subway and went to Coney Island and walked on the boardwalk and had famous Frank's hotdogs!

Mon: We went to breakfast at the place that was closed for Allie's birthday and it was worth the wait, so good! Allie headed for the airport and I went and hung out in Central Park and did a little window shopping before making my way to the airport to head home.

It was an amazing trip and I'm so glad that we went! We had so much fun! it was the perfect amount of adventure and a break from life that I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment